If you are one of the millions of Americans who uses a humidifier, you should strongly consider getting the GeneralAire Water Savor Controller. The benefit is that it helps you conserve a lot of water. Up to 96% water savings, to be exact.
The Water Savor will work with any model of humidifier with a flow-through bypass. This is a smart investment for a number of reasons:
- The Water Savor is very affordable.
- 40 of 50 states (according to their water managers) are expecting shortages of water at least in some parts of their states, in the next ten years.
- You can reduce your water bill substantially. The water savings infographic you see is based on a 5-month heating season and 20 minutes per hour. It demonstrates that you can reasonably expect to reduce your usage from around 10,000 gallons to around 1,000.
- If you are conservationist, this becomes a no-brainer. You can reduce your impact on the environment substantially with a small investment.
As you’ve come to expect, PlumbersStock offers great prices on GeneralAire products, and it’s no exception with the GeneralAire Water Savor Controller.
Water Savor Features
Though setup is an easy process, that doesn’t mean this technology is simple in terms of functionality. There are lots of features!
- There are 6 settings. This enables you to select the setting that best allows you to maximize water savings while not affecting the output of your humidifier.
- The smart technology manages your water so that it only powers on when the humidity is called for. That way you don’t ever over-soak your vapor pad.
- Yeah, you can enjoy up to 96% water savings, but that’s at a maximum. The minimum you can expect is about a 50% reduction in water draining.
- As mentioned, it is compatible with any humidifier that operates with a flow-through bypass.
How to Install the GeneralAire Water Savor Controller
- Find a spot to mount it to the side of your humidifier. You want to be sure to never install it below the humidifier.
- Mount it on the duct.
- Connect the solenoid wires to the terminals that are labeled 24VAC to Solenoid.
- Connect the power source wires the 24VAC In terminals (one is meant for the humidistat and the other goes to the transformer).
You’re most likely going to want to start with the recommended settings to see how it goes for 3 days. From there, you can make the determination of how to adjust it. Once you’ve adjusted it, let it run for 3 more days and re-evaluate its performance. This is how you fine tune your Water Savor to meet your needs and maximize savings.
Save on Water Savor Controllers at PlumbersStock
If you have a compatible humidifier, then this Water Savor technology is a must have. We are online leaders in HVAC supply, and a huge part of that is the great savings that customers have come to rely upon.
If you have any questions about compatibility with your existing humidifier, or any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can leave a comment here or email us, or use the chat feature (you won’t see it here on the blog, you need to visit PlumbersStock’s online store).
It is our hope that this GeneralAire Water Savor Controller review has been helpful to you. We’d love to hear from you about how your installation goes, so drop us a line please and enjoy the extensive water savings.