About Commercial Toilets
If you’re looking for commercial plumbing supply, PlumbersStock has a great selection of commercial-grade toilets. We have the best brands (Sloan, TOTO, American Standard) and the lowest prices on quality products. Truly, you won’t find any better.
If you need urinals, flush valves, or other commercial toilet products, we have the best selection of discount prices.
Residential vs Commercial Toilets
Though you may be tempted to purchase your toilet just as you would a residential one, you must understand that commercial and residential toilets are not the same thing. There are many differences, and you have to know those differences in order to make a good decision. Here are just a few of these differences:
- Residential Toilets: These are your standard toilets, made to resist 5-10 people max. For the most part—unless you are buying extremely high end ones—residential toilets will have lower flow rates, lower water pressure, and less put in place to deal with clogging. For the most part, residential toilets have few bells and whistles and, because they aren’t designed to deal with high volumes of waste, are normally tame and low-powered.
- Commercial Toilets: Because these are being used much more often, commercial toilets are made to be exceptionally strong. They need to deal with waste, heavy usage, more trash, etc. etc., but they also need to be able to conserve water. In fact, even though commercial toilet bowls use more water—in order to flush all the excess waste—they still conserve as much water as possible, making them, in many cases, more green than their residential counterparts. This helps the company save money on water and power bills, while cutting back on disposable paper products as well.
In the end, the main difference really is the power of the toilets, but it’s still important to know what you’re shopping for.
How to Choose a Commercial Toilet
Though the facets we mentioned above are a major component of commercial toilet bowls, not all are built the same. Many you find out there are not low-flow or water conserving, which could cost you quite a bit of money (especially if you have a large company). Even worse, if you purchase commercial toilets that do not have the relevant safeguards built in, you could be dealing with plenty of backups and bathroom malfunctions; fortunately, you don’t have to worry about that here. With some of the best commercial toilets on the market, every single one of our products should fit your commercial needs. All you have to do is choose the one that fits perfectly. A few of the facets that you should keep in mind when choosing are:
- Siphonic or Wash Down: Do you want a toilet that completely vacates the bowl after every flush? Or do you want one that is “pushing action only” and only does the job halfway? That’s the main difference between Siphonic and wash down, though both have their advantages and drawbacks. Just remember that US toilets are mostly siphonic, so most are familiar with and prefer siphonic action.
- High Efficiency: Though commercial toilets are normally somewhat high efficiency, there are extreme high efficiency options that can give you even more savings on your water bill at the end of each month.
- Cleanliness: Many toilets offer surfaces that are easily cleaned and fired with antimicrobial properties. They also have a smooth glaze that inhibits the ability of soil to attach to the toilet, keeping it cleaner for longer. If this is something that is important to you, look for the EverClean surface on our toilets.
Buy Commercial Toilet Bowls Online
In the end, if you’re looking for commercial toilet bowls that will get the job done, consider PlumbersStock.com. Our products are as good as they get, and we still offer competitive prices so you don’t have to break the bank! Call today for more information, or check out the rest of our website; you’ll be happy you did.