With businesses and schools attempting to re-open, we must take all the proper precautions. This will reduce the spread of germs so we can remain open. At PlumbersStock, we know there is at least one way we can help with Coronavirus prevention for schools: touchless, sensor-operated water coolers! Traditional drinking fountains facilitate the transmission of germs because you have to touch the push bar to operate them. There is no way to significantly mitigate this risk without removing the push bar altogether. Well, guess what? Elkay has done precisely that.
We want to ensure that school and business administrators are educated about what’s available. Here, we’ll cover all the different options for hands-free drinking fountains and bottle fillers.
Elkay Touchless Water Coolers
Some bi-level water coolers are hybrid configurations. That means that one side operates with a sensor, and the other, a push bar. For instance, the Elkay LZOTL8WSLK is an example of this kind of setup. However, since we want to reduce contact, we’ll only cover fully touchless models here.
ezH2O Filling Stations
Installing an ezH2O bottle filler is the best strategy for Coronavirus prevention. If you really want to mitigate contact, then avoid drinking from the cooler altogether. Fountains have bubblers and let’s face it, kids are probably going to touch the bubblers. Consider that we’ve seen school administrators remove bubblers altogether, rendering the coolers useless. All of these water dispensers are ADA approved and are graded for commercial applications.
- In-wall, filtered, refrigerated, stainless steel (LZWSM8K)
- In-wall, unfiltered, refrigerated, stainless steel (EZWSM8K)
- Surface mount, filtered, non-refrigerated, stainless steel (LZWSSM)
- Surface mount, unfiltered, non-refrigerated, stainless steel (EZWSSM)
And if you are looking for something a little more sleek and stylish, try the:
Hands-Free Coolers w/ Bottle Fillers
All of the following options include an ezH2O water dispenser and are refrigerated. These ADA-approved fountains all come with patented Flexi-Guard safety bubbler technology, and they only come in light gray.
- Single station, filtered (LZO8WSLK)
- Bi-level station, filtered (LZOOTL8WSLK)
- Single station, unfiltered (EZO8WSLK)
- Bi-level station, unfiltered (EZOOTL8WSLK)
Wall-Mount Hands-Free Coolers
These are just like the fountains pictured above, except they don’t have the attached ezH2O filling station. These ADA-approved fountains all come with patented Flexi-Guard safety bubbler technology.
- Single station, refrigerated, filtered in light gray (LZO8L)
- Bi-level, refrigerated, filtered (LZOOSTL8LC)
- Single station, non-refrigerated, filtered in light gray (LZODL)
- Single station, refrigerated, unfiltered in light gray (EZO8L)
- Bi-Level, refrigerated, unfiltered (EZOOSTL8LC)
- Single station, non-refrigerated, unfiltered in light gray (EZODL)
All six options are easy to install. The single station models come in stainless steel, too (just change the last ‘L’ in the MPN to an ‘S’).
SwirlFlo Sensor-Operated Fountains
All of the SwirlFlo options are refrigerated. These ADA-approved fountains come with patented Flexi-Guard safety bubbler technology. They include the necessary wall-hung mounting. As you can see, they have a front panel grill and stainless steel finishes.
- Single station (ENOBM8K)
- Bi-level station, standard orientation (ENOBM28K)
- Bi-level station, reverse orientation (ENOBM28RAK)
Although they do not come with a filter, you can purchase the EWF17 filter kit separately and upgrade them.
Soft Sides Sensor-Operated Fountains
Just like with the SwirlFlo, all of the following Soft Sides options are refrigerated. These ADA-approved fountains come with patented Flexi-Guard safety bubbler technology. They include the necessary wall-hung mounting. As you can see, they have a front panel grill and stainless steel finishes.
- Single station (EROM8K)
- Bi-level station, standard orientation (EROM28K)
- Bi-level station, reverse orientation (EROM28RAK)
Soft Sides coolers are unfiltered out of the box. However, they can also be upgraded with the EWF17 filter kit.
INTELLI-Flush Sensor-Operated Flushing Systems
One more way to limit the spread of germs is to make your toilets touchless. Did you know you can retrofit Flushmate Pressure Assist 503, 503H, and 504 models with a Flushmate INTELLI-Flush system? You don’t have put wiring behind the wall or buy a fancy new toilet, you can just install this battery-operated, touchless sensor flushing solution. There are three different models from which to choose:
- White INTELLI-Flush system with sensor (K-100100)
- Chrome INTELLI-Flush system with sensor (K-100101)
- INTELLI-Flush system with no sensor (K-100500)
And again, these are compatible with Flushmate III 503 and 503H, as well as Flushmate IV 504. You can find all those models here on our Sloan Flushmate page.
Upgrade Your Coronavirus Prevention for Schools
Please do not hesitate to contact PlumbersStock directly about large orders. We are happy to work with you. In other words, when administrators order in bulk, it allows us to help you save. We know how important it is to be frugal with your school budget. Email or call us for more details. As one of the leading retailers of Elkay drinking fountains, PlumbersStock offers all the support you need.