About Cameras and Sensors
We have a huge selection of cameras and sensors and you can get all the electrical testers you need at affordable prices. Whether the application is plumbing or HVAC, cameras and sensors are important in making sure a job is done right.
Whether you are testing temperature and pressure within a refrigerant using Digital Manifolds or simply testing the electrical readouts using a multi-meter, these items are indispensable. Choose from the best specialty tools, like pipe inspection cameras and sensors.
Picking the right camera and sensor may be difficult, when it comes right down to it, so here is a small guide to show you find the right tool (Greenlee, UEi, Fieldpiece, Milwaukee). Read on if you need help choosing the electrical tester or plumbing camera that’s right for your job.
Do I Need an Electrical Sensor or Meter?
Of course, sensors and meters are two different things, and your need may depend on the job you are working on. With that in mind, it’s very important to understand what you are buying when you get an electrical tester:
- Sensors: For the most part, sensors are equipment that you attach to the product itself, and are a major component of many HVAC and plumbing applications. Sensors monitor the system while it runs, alerting you if something is off or if there is an error that needs to be dealt with. Though they are difficult to install—in some cases—they are truly indispensable.
- Meters: Meters, on the other hand, are manually used during installation or repair jobs to give an idea of what’s wrong or aid in the applications implementation. These electrical testers measure things like distance, pressure, temperature, or voltage, but are not attached to the application itself.
Choosing the Right Electrical Testers
Here are the different categories of sensors/meters you’ll see and the differences between them:
- HVAC: Heating and cooling jobs require many different types of sensors, as these types of jobs often do not display obvious readings. For that reason, you may need meters or sensors that can track refrigerant, pressure, temperatures and more. This will keep your AC or HVAC system in perfect condition, and make sure you know what is going on. Digital manifolds, temp-guns, fork meters, super-heating and subcooling meters, and dual temperature accessories are all examples of HVAC sensors and meters that you may need for your job.
- Plumbing: If you want to get a plumbing job right, sensors and meters are incredibly important for your job. Whether you’re laying new pipe in the ground, or trying to check water pressure inside a pipe, there are plenty of different items that can help you get your job done. Included with these are laser distance meters, digital pipe inspection cameras (more below), and ground rod testers (for any pipe laying job).
- Electrical: If there was any field of work that required sensors or meters more vitally than electrical, it would be hard to believe. From tone probes to clamp meters, to voltage detectors, to multimeters and more, there are a host of different products you may need to help with your electrical work.
Plumbing Inspection Cameras
This advanced tool will help you get to the bottom of whatever is blocking your pipes. Generally, these pipe inspection cameras are reserved for professionals, but homeowners do own them in some cases, but it usually makes sense to rent.
Buy Electrical Testers Online
Truly, if you want the best sensors or meters for your HVAC, electrical, or plumbing application, PlumbersStock.com has the best brands and the lowest priced tools online. You’ll find incredible deals on some of the industry’s best products, and all of them are located in one easy to search place.