About Top-Mount Kitchen Sinks
When you need a reliable and easy-to-install kitchen sink for your latest update, you can't go wrong with PlumbersStock. Our drop-in kitchen sinks are always on sale, and we have a variety of options that will look great in your kitchen. Be sure to find the perfect matching kitchen faucet for your new drop-in sink.
Also known as top-mount or self-rimming kitchen sinks, drop-in configurations use a lip around the edges of the sink to keep it from falling through the hole in the countertop. They are relatively inexpensive, easy to install and work great with laminate and other various surface materials.
The one drawback is the small, visible seam formed by the rim and the countertop. It's possible that pieces of food can get caught in there. It's not as easy to clean and maintain as an under-mount kitchen sink.
Buying a Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink
When it comes to purchasing a drop-in kitchen sink for your home, there are many options to choose from. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself before selecting your favorite sink.
- Will a drop-in sink work in your kitchen? - Chances are if you have a laminate or wood countertop, a drop-in sink will work famously for you. Drop-in sinks hide potential imperfections in a countertop hole. Before purchasing a drop-in unit for your kitchen, it's important to decide if it's the right type of sink for you.
- What size of sink do you need? - Since a drop-in sink doesn't need to fit perfectly in the hole in your countertop, you can fudge the measurement a little bit. The lip will obscure most minor messes.
- How many bowls do you want? - When purchasing a drop-in sink, you can choose a single, double or triple-bowl sink. Depending on what type of things you will be using your sink for will determine the number of bowls you will want. In many cases, a single bowl sink looks nice but isn't as convenient for hand washing dishes. This is why it's so important to ask yourself what type of sink bowl will work best for you before making your purchase.
- How many holes do you need for your faucet? - If you already have a faucet picked out you will need to find a sink which matches the number of holes your installation requires. Sinks can have anywhere between 1 and 5 holes for faucet and accessory installation depending on the type of hardware you buy.
- How to choose the right color? - Here, you will find plenty of choices for matching your existing kitchen design.
The most common material is stainless steel, but consider the different options:
- Stainless steel - is relatively lightweight, heat and fire-resistant, and easy to clean. Stainless sinks are available in varying gauges (thickness). Tip: the higher the gauge, the thinner the steel.
- Granite Composite - this material is incredibly hard, scratch and stain-resistant, and very durable. It does not have to be sealed or resealed which saves you money. It can even accommodate your hot pots and pans as it can resist up to 535 degrees F heat and the color won't fade.
- Composite - gives almost the same feature with a granite composite sink but is usually formed by quartz/granite particles and acrylic or polyester resins, making it a hard, durable surface.
- Cast Iron - has enamel coating that can chip or crack if you drop heavy utensils and can be heavy but otherwise offers long-lasting durability and heat resistance.
- Plastic - provides a stain-resistant surface. It is easy to clean with non-abrasive cleaners, but since it's plastic, it's just not that durable.
- Quartz - offers a tough and a non-porous surface. It stands up to almost any kind of stain and cannot be penetrated by harsh liquid cleansers.
PlumbersStock has an exciting selection of drop-in with tons of sizes, shapes, color, and depths to fit your needs and to suit your style.
For do-it-yourself homeowners, installation is simple as long as there is already a pre-cut hole in place. If not, it can be a little tricky cutting out the correct size of the hole into the countertop. After that, you simply drop in the new sink and seal it. For detailed instructions, you may want to check out this short installation video by Moen.
Save on Drop-In Kitchen Sinks
At PlumbersStock, we know how problematic it can be to find the right drop-in kitchen sink for your home. If you are having problems figuring out what type of sink you need or just need a little help, we are here to assist you today. Our top quality top-mount sinks are the thing you need to give your kitchen a sleek and stylish design. Don't go another day with your old rusty kitchen sink, find your new self-rimming kitchen sink now. The brands we carry include:
- and more!
Remember, we also carry all the sink parts, as well as drain pipe you need to outfit your sinks.
How to Install a Drop-in Sink
How to Install a P Trap
We have tons of home improvement solutions! If you can't find what you need, please contact us.