About Evaporative Cooler Motors
Replace your cooler motor with a quality solution here at PlumbersStock. Swamp coolers can be fickle beasts, and when the motor goes out, you may find yourself with quite the repair bill. Fortunately, you can replace this swamp cooler part yourself. Take advantage of our discount evaporative cooler motors.
With the lowest prices online and the highest quality brands (Dial) and pieces, you’ll have no problem finding a replacement motor for swamp cooler application. If you are a beginner when it comes to cooler repair, you may need some help choosing and replacing your motor. Read on for more information, and call us if you need help!
Tips for Buying a Swamp Cooler Motor
The first thing you need to do is decide which motor works best for you. Though we have quite a few available for purchase, not every motor is made equal, and—if you don’t follow our directions—you may end up with a lighter wallet, as well as a motor that just isn’t compatible. There are important questions to ask, like when choosing evaporative cooler motors, 2 speed vs 1 speed? To help you with that, here are just a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Brand: Sometimes, coolers only work with a certain brand. Check your owner’s manual to see if this is the case, or look online if you don’t have one. Then, narrow your search down based on what you find.
- Model Type: Most swamp cooler motors and coolers come with a model number or type, signifying what they are compatible. Do your due research and make absolutely sure that the models you have are compatible (there are sites out there to help with this; but, if you just aren’t sure, make sure to call us and we’ll help you figure this out)
- HP Capacity and AMP Ratings: Evaporative coolers oftentimes require a certain AMP rating or HP capacity from the motor you choose. Check and see what yours requires before buying.
Installing Your Motor
Once you find the best evaporative cooler motor, the next step is installing it. Unfortunately, most coolers are different, as are the motors that work within. But, there is a standard set of directions that should help you with many types of products, and here they are:
- Access the Motor: Normally, the motor is concealed by an access panel—located on the back of the appliance. Remove this panel, and the motor should be laid bare. Turn off and unplug the cooler before completing this step.
- Remove the Motor: Next step is beginning the process of removing the existing swamp cooler motor. First, use a wrench to remove the bolts securing the belt (which the motor is usually attached to), then unplug the wires connected to the motor. From there, all you need to do is unscrew the motor and set it aside. Make absolutely sure that you hold onto all screws removed; you may need them later.
- Replace with New Motor: After cleaning the motor carriage, it’s time to put in the new motor. Fortunately, this step is not difficult whatsoever. Simply mount the evaporative cooler motor, secure it with the bolts you removed (or the new ones that came with the motor), screw in the belt pulley, and plug the previously unplugged wires back in. From there, all you need to do is install the belt, and you are done! Make sure to test the cooler to see if it works the right way before leaving it to its own operations.
Buy Discount Evaporative Cooler Motors Online
Remember that we offer the best products available and all the help you could ever need. For more information, call today, and we will help you as best we can to find the right evaporative cooler motor size. Thank you for choosing PlumbersStock for your replacement HVAC parts.